CenTex PGR Event
Snowball Express Killeen Send Off
!! PLEASE READ ALL THE NOTES BELOW !!
The Patriot Guard Riders have again been invited to send off the Gold Star Families participating in this year's Snowball Express.
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 19
Staging Time: 0610
Staging Location: The south gate of the Killeen-Fort Hood Regional Airport, located at the intersection of Reese Creek and Okalla Roads at the SW corner of Browns Cemetery (http://tinyurl.com/3x4f7fv)
Briefing: 0620 - PLEASE BE ON TIME!
Flagline Establishment: 0715 +/- Depending on flight arrival time.
WX: Check your local forecast prior to attending this mission.
1. Be at staging ON TIME.
2. NO WEAPONS.
2. Due to Security Procedures, the only vehicle allowed in the gate will be the flag truck. When the flag truck drives in, members will be allowed to walk in on the tarmac and if you need, you may stay/sit at/on the flag truck. Once we are on the tarmac and the gate is closed, entry will be allowed only through the gate inside the Airport. Using the inside gate will require you to go through standard security checks. Be prepared to remove your shoes, etc.
3. We will establish a flagline/corridor on the tarmac for the families to walk through on their way to the aircraft. Departure time is scheduled for 0715.
4. This is not a sullen occasion, so Christmas attire, clapping, cheering, handshaking and hugging IS encouraged as the families pass us!
5. Arrive hydrated and bring water for yourself and a buddy.
6. Check the weather and dress appropriately for the conditions. Remember, the tarmac can get VERY windy!