Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region
Home · Discussion Forum · Articles · News Categories · Web Links · Downloads04/27/2024 02:54:33
Navigation
Home
Discussion Forum
CenTex Missions
Austin CrossPosts
San Antonio CrossPosts
North Texas CrossPosts
West Texas CrossPosts
Watch List
Articles
News Categories
Photo Gallery
Web Links
FAQ
Downloads
Contact Webmaster
Search

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
Veteran Dustin Baldw...
YN2 Gregory Scarr, 7...
CW4 Gerald Ward, 73,...
!!!PGR MONTHLY DINNE...
SFC George Kilgore, ...
Hottest Threads
Vets Get one more... [7]
TEXAS GATHERING O... [6]
Glenn Reynolds, 9... [6]
TEXAS GATHERING -... [5]
SP5 Robert Binkle... [3]

Latest Articles
Service flags
Flag code

View Thread
Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region | Ride Information | Completed CenTex Missions
Author Bill Olsen's Passing, Former Aus PGR RC
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 09/23/2016 14:13
Many of you remember Bill Olsen, one of the original ride captains here in the Austin region. Bill lived in Bertram for many years, but back in 2008 he retired due to health issues and moved in with his daughter near Oklahoma City.

We found out recently that Bill passed away last week. We have learned from his son that Bill will be inured at Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen sometime mid-October. He says that the PGR and its mission was always close to his father's heart, and we are invited to participate.

Details will be published when they become available. Please keep Bill's family in your thoughts and prayers.

I found the email sent by Bill back in 2008 when he resigned his post. In part, it reads:

"I also must say, that, I have never, in my whole life known a finer, more loyal, more caring, more patriotic group of people than the heroes of the Patriot Guard Riders. Yes, we honor the KIA's and the veterans, but you folks are the ones who consistently climb onto your bikes, no matter the weather, nor the distance, to stand in a flag line and show the people of this country what true patriotism and caring for veterans' families looks like. I am proud to have ridden with all of you and, and am proud to call you brothers and sisters. I will be hooking up with the Oklahoma City area PGR as a rider, so will not leave these fine roots behind.

My last ride with Texas PGR, until you ride for me, will be the Veterans Day ride up Congress Ave. So God Bless you all, God Bless America, and God Bless the heroes of the Patriot Guard.

"Bill Olsen"

RIP, Bill Olsen. You were a friend and patriot.

Mark Wells, Austin PGR
Marebear_56 Send Private Message
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Copyright © 2007-2019 Central Texas Region Patriot Guard Riders