Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region
Home · Discussion Forum · Articles · News Categories · Web Links · Downloads03/19/2024 03:59:58
Navigation
Home
Discussion Forum
CenTex Missions
Austin CrossPosts
San Antonio CrossPosts
North Texas CrossPosts
West Texas CrossPosts
Watch List
Articles
News Categories
Photo Gallery
Web Links
FAQ
Downloads
Contact Webmaster
Search

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
SP5 Francis Anderson...
Temple VA Veterans H...
SP4 John Bradley, 69...
1SG Thomas Wiseman, ...
SGT Anlow Melancon J...
Hottest Threads
Vets Get one more... [7]
TEXAS GATHERING O... [6]
Glenn Reynolds, 9... [6]
TEXAS GATHERING -... [5]
SP5 Robert Binkle... [3]

Latest Articles
Flag code

View Thread
Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region | PGR Events | Completed
Author TEXAS GATHERING - Medina - 10-12 Apr 15
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 02/13/2015 08:01
CONFIRMED PGR EVENT
TEXAS GATHERING OF THE GUARD
Medina Highpoint Resort, Medina, TX
Fri thru Sun, 10 - 12 Apr 15

It is that time again - Last year rocked! The catered PGR meals were great and the Canteen had delicious, HUGE meals & snacks for sale, as well as beer, wine, and souvenirs. The riding was SUPERB! This is a wonderful opportunity for us to bond as a group outside of our mission and to meet members from throughout Texas - You'll LOVE IT!

REGISTRATION - $30 (See Form Below):
- Three meals will be provided: Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast & dinner.

Dogs ARE allowed:
- Service Dogs are FREE
- Pets (non-Service Animals) require a non-refundable $39.99 fee, plus $5/day

I have reserved FOUR Bunkhouses for us. They will accommodate 4-5 people each. We will be staying in Cabins 3, 4, 5, and 6 on the hill on the left after you pass the Mercantile/Beirgarten (See the map at: http://rvcoutdoors.com/medina-highpoint-resort/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/medina-highpoint-resort-map.pdf). The bathrooms & showers are right behind the cabins. These cost $95.19 per night and cost will be split amongst the occupants (we can arrange payment offline). PLEASE let me know SOONEST via email if you want one of these spaces so I have an idea whether to cancel or try to add more cabins - Spaces are going FAST. I'll keep the list updated online so you know who is going. Descriptions and other lodging options can be found on the Medina Highpoint Resort (formally Koyote Ranch) Website at: www.rvcoutdoors.com/medina-highpoint-resort. Or phone 877.272.0183. More information can also be found on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/medinahighpoint. IF you wait too long, you can always find lodging by searching local cities, such as Kerrville and Bandera, for hotels, motels and lodging.

Please plan to attend and let's make this an event to remember!

Mare

P.S. Now is the time to start looking around for items to bring to the auction. Dealers, venders and retail merchants are always willing to help a good cause, so please ask your friends at these locations. Remember, handcrafted items are always good auction items - get creative & make something for us to auction off. You will receive a free GOTG patch for bringing an Auction Item! Oh, and bring money or your checkbook in case YOU find a treasure at the auction!

P.P.S. As the time draws near, I will put out staging information separately for our trip down there early on Friday, 25 Apr 15, if you care to ride with us as a group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REGISTRATION FORM:
(April 1st Registration Deadline)

First & Last Name______________________ Each person must submit a form
email Address __________________________________________
Region __CenTex___
Registration Fee $30 (Free GOTG patch for bringing an Auction Item!)
Auction Item(s) You Are Bringing ____________________________________
NEW ITEMS ONLY!

Make checks payable to Texas Patriot Guard Riders and mail (with Registration Form) to:
North Texas PGR, c/o Dan Mathys, 6510 Shelton Home Ct., Arlington, TX 76017

I do not have confirmation from Dan yet that this is okay, but I plan to send an e-check from my bank (payable as above) and email my registration to him at PGRDan1@gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.CenTexPGR.org
https://www.facebook.com/events/868527209869675
https://www.patriotguard.org/showthread.php?399313-2015-Gathering-of-the-Texas-Guard
Edited by marebear_56 on 02/13/2015 19:23
Marebear_56 Send Private Message
Author CABINS @ TX GOTG
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 02/13/2015 08:19
ALL NAMES BELOW ARE COMMITTED: Each cabin has four bunks. These will fill up fast, so reserve your bunk with me NOW! Please email me @ mgregory2@hot.rr.com

Cabin 3:
Steven Weideman
Thomas Weideman
Dennis A. Smith
Barry Dahlquistr03;

Cabin 4: (CenTex Cougar Cabin):
Marebear & 'Nam
Marilyn Stewart
Holler Lynne

Cabin 5:
Gary Blackburnr03;
Bettina Blackburn
Jessica Deweyr03;
Syris

Cabin 6:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Participating In Honour Of:
SGT Philip D. Sinelli, US Marine Corps
And In Memory Of:
SGT Taylor M. Larson, US Army & Merchant Marines
SFC Preston Gregory, Sr, US Army
SFC Henry A. Bacon, US Army
CPT Orlando A. Bonilla, US Army

Edited by marebear_56 on 04/06/2015 08:29
Author RE: TEXAS GATHERING - Medina - 10-12 Apr 15
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 02/17/2015 10:07
Attendees,

I've been asked by this year's Hosts of this year's Gathering to ask if there is anyone willing to volunteer as Guided Ride Leaders.

~Mare

Here is the Info:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our planning committee has put together a few suggestions on planned rides during the upcoming GOTG. We're looking for a few volunteers to act as group leads for these rides. These folks should be knowledgeable of the routes, safety conscience, and somewhat dependable wink emoticon.

The group lead will head out on the predetermined route at the predetermined time with all who sign up tagging along. The lead is simply there to keep the core group on schedule for making it back on-time and help keep newbies from getting too lost. Rick Crabb can provide more details to the volunteers.

Attached are the proposed rides so far, another may be added. All rides will end at the VA Hospital in Kerrville at 1500, where we will visit for about an hour and bring some donated items to the vets. Afterwards, it's back to the resort for the Auction and dinner.

Ride Leader volunteers should contact Rick Crabb at rjcrabb@sbcglobal.net

Please solicit your attendees,

Bryan Read
Deputy State Captain, North Texas
Chairperson, 2015 TX GOTG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gathering of the Texas Guard 2015
Proposed Group (or individual!) Rides

All Guided Rides depart from the Medina Highpoint Resort (MHR) Store 29.902712, -99.259830 and terminate at the Kerrville VA Medical Center, 30.015719, -99.115475

A MANDITORY stop (coming AND going?) for ALL of these rides is the Medina Apple Store for some soft-serve ice cream with hot caramel sauce. They make a pretty good hamburger too!

- Ride One - UNGUIDED loop of all Three Twisted Sisters – 222 miles
Things to see – the MOST beautiful roads in the state of Texas!
Depart MHR Store at 0700 and go south 9 miles on Hwy 16 to Medina and turn right on FM 337 to Vanderpool. Possible stop at the Vanderpool Motorcycle Museum. Continue on FM (now RR) 337 for 37 miles to Leakey, recommended stop at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop for lunch. Come back to Hwy 83 and turn left, north and veer left on to RR 336 and proceed 29 miles to Hwy 41. Turn left, west, on Hwy 41 for 13.6 miles and turn left, south, on RR 335 for 33.5 miles to Camp Wood. From there turn left, east, on RR 337 for 33 miles back to Leakey. Unfortunately, there is no other route, other than to backtrack from Leakey on RR 337, to Vanderpool. From there it’s 37 miles to Medina. Turn right, south, on Hwy 16 for 2.5 miles and turn left, east, on RR 2828. Continue 9 miles until the road dead-ends into RR 689/Hwy 173 and turn left, north for 11.8 miles. Turn right, east, on TX-534 Loop N, go across the river and turn right, south on Memorial Blvd, the Kerrville VA Medical Center will be on left.

- Ride Two – Guided loop to Fredericksburg, Luckenbach and Comfort – 94 miles
Things to see – Downtown Fredericksburg shopping, restaurants, National Museum of the Pacific War and all things German. Downtown Luckenbach – well, you just have to see it to believe it. Sisterdale Texas Dancehall & Opera House (see description of Luckenbach!) Comfort is known for its antique shopping and restaurants.
Depart MHR Store at 0900 and go north 39 miles on Hwy 16 to Fredericksburg. Turn right, east, on US Hwy 290 for 5.7 miles and turn right, south, on RR 1376 for 4.6 miles. Enjoy EVERYTHING there is to see there before you leave! Continue south on RR 1376 for 16 miles to the Sisterdale Texas Dancehall & Opera House. From there go west on RM 473, 12.5 miles to Comfort. RM 473 turns into Texas Hwy 27 and it is 15.7 and the VA Medical Center will be on your right.

- Ride Three – Guided loop to Bandera and Camp Verde – 45 miles
Things to see – Bandera “The Cowboy Capital of the World” has shopping, restaurants and all things Western. For more than 150 years, Camp Verde General Store has welcomed travelers with shade, food and something cool to drink.
Depart MHR Store at 1100 and go south 22.4 miles on Hwy 16 to Bandera. Turn left on RR 689/Hwy 173 13 miles north to Camp Verde. From there continue north on Hwy 173 for 4.6 miles and turn right, east, on River Road (1217 E). This scenic loop continues for 2.5 miles and then make a hard left turn back onto Southerland Lane. Go straight north on Southerland Lane for .7 miles and turn left, west onto TX-27 W/Memorial Blvd for five miles. The VA Hospital will be on your right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And In Memory Of:
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 02/28/2015 11:22
As you know, one of the things we have planned this year at the Gathering of the Guard is a run to the local VA Hospital.

The planned rides on Saturday, 11 Apr, all end at the VA Hospital in Kerrville at 1500. We will visit with the veterans from 1500 to 1600.

We also plan to bring donated items that they need. Attached is a list of items the volunteer coordinator shows they are always in need of. Additionally he tells me that DVDs and mailing stamps are hot items that he currently needs as well.

Please plan to bring some of these items with you. We can collect them at check in.

Thanks,

Bryan
Deputy State Captain, North Texas
Chairperson, 2015 TX GOTG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

South Texas Veterans Health Care System
Kerrville VA Hospital
Voluntary Service-KD

What’s Needed?

The below comfort items provide our hospitalized veterans and
homeless veterans with basic hygiene kits and essentials.

 Toothpaste, large size
 Toothbrush, Adult, soft
 Shave gel/Cream, large size
 Deodorant stick, large size
 Razor, twin blade
 Chap stick
 Diabetic & Nonskid socks
 Mailing envelopes/Stamps
 Nail/Toe Clippers
 Phone Cards
 Back Packs for Homeless Vets
 Writing tablets

 Shampoo, mild, large size
 Conditioner, large size
 Lotion, large size
 Bath Gel (NO BAR SOAP) large size
 Reading Glasses
 Combs & brushes
 Denture Care (cleaner & adhesive)
 Briefs/Boxer Shorts (XL, 2XL, 3XL)
 Crossword puzzles
 Clothes (pants/shoes/jackets, etc.)
 Page Magnifier or 3” Magnifier
 Large bid/apron

NOTE- Please ensure all items are ALCOHOL FREE

To donate or assist, contact: Mail to: Voluntary Service (135)
Ricardo Rodriguez Kerrville VA Medical Center, STVHCS
Phone: 830-792-2580/2441 3600 Memorial Blvd.
E-mail: ricardo.rodriguez2@va.gov Kerrville, Texas 78028

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And In Memory Of:
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 03/02/2015 12:59
Folks, if you take a look above at the Cabin situation - they are FILLING UP! PLEASE if you want a bunk, let me know!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And In Memory Of:
marebear_56
Administrator

Posted on 04/09/2015 09:05
CENTEX RIDE INFORMATION
TEXAS GATHERING OF THE GUARD

Any riders interested accompanying me and several other members down to Medina Highpoint Resort (Koyote Ranch) for the Texas Gathering are welcome! I will go the speed limit or just under so don't be timid if you're not used to riding in groups. We want to arrive SAFELY. This is not formal, it'll be easy-going and FUN! This year we're again taking the back road down Hwy 16.

Bear has the PGR Trailer at my house and you are more than welcome to load items in the trailer that are too cumbersome to carry on the bike - ESPECIALLY those Items you are bringing down for the auction or Donations for the Kerville VA Visit. I'm sticking a cooler and some fold up chairs in it too! It will be here all day and Bear will pick it up in the morning before Staging in Copperas Cove. Gimme a hollar so I can open it if you need space! 254.458.2120. I'll give you my addy on the phone or via text message....

Date: Friday, 10 Apr 15

Staging Time: 0900

Staging Location: Exxon, 238 W US-190, Copperas Cove, TX 76522 (http://tinyurl.com/yeomlb3)

Briefing: 0915

KSU: 0930

WX:
Copperas Cove: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Medina: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some storms could be severe, with large hail and damaging winds. Cloudy, with a high near 75. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Notes:

1. Arrive at staging on time and topped off.

2. PLEASE MAKE YOURSELF FAMILIAR WITH THE ROUTE IN CASE WE GET SPLIT UP!
Complete Route: 147 mi/2 h 35 min (http://tinyurl.com/TXGOTG2015Route)
Exxon, 238 U.S. 190, Copperas Cove, TX 76522 (http://tinyurl.com/yeomlb3)
1 h 9 min (69.2 mi)
Stripes, 901 Bessemer Ave, Llano, TX 78643 (http://tinyurl.com/StripesLLano)
41 min (39.0 mi)
Valero Corner Store 980, 516 S Adams St, Fredericksburg, TX 78624 (http://tinyurl.com/Valero980Frdksbrg)
29 min (25.3 mi)
Neu Mart Stores, 1406 Medina Highway, Kerrville, TX 78028 (http://tinyurl.com/NeuMartKerville)
17 min (13.3 mi)
Medina Highpoint Resort, 23195 State Highway 16 N, Medina, TX 78055 (http://tinyurl.com/KoyoteRanchTX)

3. If you plan to join in along the route, best thing to do is join us at one of our stops. The travel times are listed in the paragraph above. Just take the KSU time from Copperas Cove add the driving time and about 15- 20 min for each stop, then be there! If you join in on the road, BE SAFE! This is a long ride and there is plenty of time to catch up and join in. Same goes for any cages who cut into our group - let em - we have time.

4. Bring water for yourself and a buddy and dress with consideration of the weather conditions.

5. Bear has the PGR Trailer parked at my house, so if there's anything you want to load, bring it by! This includes If you have ANYTHING laying around that you would like to bring for the Auction, PLEASE DO. One man's trash is another's treasure!!

Hope to see y'all there!

Mare, 'Nam & Hunter

Windshield Cheater.

190 to Lampassas
Left onto 281 S to Burnet
Right onto Hwy 29 to Llano - 69.2 mi
Right into Stripes at Hwy 16
16 South to Fredericksburg
Right on 290 for one block
Left on Adams/16 South - 41 mi
Right into Valero or whatever
Right back onto 16 South - 15-20 mi