Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region
Home · Discussion Forum · Articles · News Categories · Web Links · Downloads03/19/2024 04:29:30
Navigation
Home
Discussion Forum
CenTex Missions
Austin CrossPosts
San Antonio CrossPosts
North Texas CrossPosts
West Texas CrossPosts
Watch List
Articles
News Categories
Photo Gallery
Web Links
FAQ
Downloads
Contact Webmaster
Search

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
SP5 Francis Anderson...
Temple VA Veterans H...
SP4 John Bradley, 69...
1SG Thomas Wiseman, ...
SGT Anlow Melancon J...
Hottest Threads
Vets Get one more... [7]
TEXAS GATHERING O... [6]
Glenn Reynolds, 9... [6]
TEXAS GATHERING -... [5]
SP5 Robert Binkle... [3]

Latest Articles
Flag code

View Thread
Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region | Other Organization Rides & Events | Completed
Author Vets Get one more Lift before Hueys Retire
scooterJr
Administrator

Posted on 08/19/2012 16:18
Military Airlift with the 2st Calvary Brigade

Four of our own, Dennis Smith, Juan Gonzales, Harry Morton, "TC" John Wiley, and Jerry Caballero all waiting to board the Huey.

Here is the story from the Killeen Paper.

http://kdhnews.com/military/article_a5b71634-e9bd-11e1-a322-0019bb30f31a.html?mode=jqm

www.fojit.com Send Private Message
Author RE: Vets Get one more Lift before Hueys Retire
Pathfinder

Posted on 08/19/2012 16:50
Richard Dipboye and his wife, also PGR members were there too. I met Major Sweeney and found out he served with the same unit that adopted me. He was there with the 5th Bn/ 7th Cav 1st Cavalry Division when the Cav went into Cambodia in 1970.
texas coyote
Administrator

Posted on 08/19/2012 20:07
Yesterday was a very memorable day. Myself and several other PGR members, along with many other Veterans and Active Duty Military personnel attended the "Last Ever Military Airlift conducted with UH-1 Huey Helicopters". The last three active Huey's in the Army's inventory were retired. It was a bittersweet ceremony and in several ways a lot like a PGR Mission. It was a sad day because of the event that brought us to Grey Army Airfield, but it was a tremendous honor to be there and participate in the Airlift and Ceremony. As with a PGR Mission, the day is filled with sadness and memories but at the end of the day when you have had a chance to unwind a little and reflect back, you feel really, really good about what you did that day.
Juan, Harry and I were all lucky enough to get on the same flight. We were on the second chopper in the very first sortie of the day. Her tail number was 0-21554 and was piloted by Col. Neal Hersey. Although we had never seen her before yesterday, I know that she will be a sweet Memory to all of us from now on. The other two choppers retired were tail numbers 0-16277 and 4-22495. Ladies Thank You and Rest in Peace. You have served your Country well.

TC

“The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." -- George Washington 1789

C Co. 2/22 Inf. (mech) "Tripple Deuce" 25th Inf. Div. Vietnam 1968

Proud Blue Star Dad...
PGR ID#8488....Ride Captain.....Hill Country.....

We are each just a pixel in the "Big Picture." Together we bring it into focus. Hopefully the image we create will leave a positive and lasting impression on each Family and Community that we have the Honor of serving..
TC
Pathfinder

Posted on 08/19/2012 21:36
Thanks for posting.Was glad to have been part of this ceremony and with such great friends! Who says there are no time machines??? These three took us back 40 years...
Hacksaw
Administrator

Posted on 08/20/2012 16:44
What an honor to get to take part in such an historical mission. But to be able to take part with men of such caliber, I'm almost overwhelmed. It had been a long time since I'd ridden in one of these old war horses. For my last ride to be with men like Juan Gonzales and John Wiley it will mark a day I'll always remember.
Many thanks to the 21st Cavalry Brigade for making this flight possible.
I'm also thankful for the friendship of these fellow passengers who made this last flight even more special by their presence and their patriotism.
RocketMan
Administrator

Posted on 08/21/2012 09:13
Great picture of some of Americ's best. Thanx each of you.
Author RE: LAST LIFT
helopilot

Posted on 08/21/2012 21:20
For the first time in my life I had an honest to God, wide awake, flash back. Thank you 21st Cav! And thank you Juan, Gerry, Harry, Richard, John and all the others that made this a once in a life time ride. You can never go home but you can go to that place in your heart where you hold it.
Rokker

Posted on 11/04/2013 20:06
Well deserved ride for these fine men.
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.