After long consideration after watching the counties in our region to see how the covid-19 cases have changed since Texas started opening up, I have decided to return to our active mission status for CenTex PGR. We will temporarily be doing GRAVESIDE ONLY until we're sure that numbers won't be an issue for families at the funeral homes due to the 25% capacity limit, and will look at the decision again as the directives change. We will also be accepting missions for families who are currently waiting for the Honor Guard to return to active status, whose loved one is already put to rest, so their Veteran can receive the honors he/she deserves.
CenTex Leadership has recommended the following guidelines for future missions:
1. Please do not make contact with each other or the family members at a mission.
2. Carry hand sanitizer with you at all times, so if you make contact you can keep your hands and face treated.
3. Do not touch your face with your hands if you come in contact with someone until you can clean your hands.
4. Remember that each person you come in contact with may be in that affected age group to receive the virus and have serious effects. So please maintain a safe distance in case you might be a carrier. Flags will be spaced at 10ft to allow for this buffer.
5. Do not take any chances, if you feel ill or someone in your family is in the high risk rate - STAY HOME. Not attending a mission in these times is not a bad reflection on your patriotism. BE SAFE and PROTECT YOU and OTHERS.
When conditions subside, this advisory will be removed.
Please continue to look after yourself and your loved ones during this time, and make the decisions that are best for you and yours. I look forward to seeing all of you again, and to give the Veterans the honor they deserve.
Holly "Holler" Melendez
CenTex Deputy State Captain
Patriot Guard Rider